Destination weddings can be truly magical; but they can also be expensive and tough to coordinate. Enter: New Jersey… our state may be small, but it is mighty! Despite its small size, New Jersey is a state that truly has it all: beaches, mountains, lakes, and even a few castles. In our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series, we’ll take a look at the types of destination weddings you can have right here in the Garden State and the best venues for each type of wedding. We’ll focus on a different destination each week; this week, it’s mountains and vineyards in the spotlight!
Views & Vino
If you’re lucky enough to live in or near New Jersey, you don’t have to travel to Colorado for amazing mountain views and you certainly don’t have to head to Napa for some excellent wineries. Here are some of our favorite venues that offer lovely views and even better vino.
- Crystal Springs Resort: Located in the mountains of the Sussex Skylands, this resort is a four-season wedding destination, offering both indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception venues.
- Natirar: This serene setting that’s just 40 miles outside of New York City transports visitors to the English countryside, with views of rolling green hills and lush scenery.
- SkyView Golf Club: Weaving through the natural terrain of Sussex County, this scenic spot provides breathtaking views of the Hamburg Mountains.
- The Water Witch Club: Situated atop one of the highest points on the eastern seabord, this Highlands spot offers sweeping views of Sandy Hook, the Atlantic Ocean, and the city skyline.
- Mountain Creek Resort: With scenic mountaintop views and a rustic lodge, Mountain Creek is the perfect spot for apres-ski wedding vibes.
- The Farm at Glenwood Mountain: This family farm nestled in the northern New Jersey mountains is charming, rustic, and festive.
- Highlawn Pavilion at Eagle Rock Reservation: Located atop Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange, this elegant venue offers sweeping panoramic views of New York City in a historic landmark setting.
- Willowcreek Farm & Winery: This Cape May winery offers scenic vineyard vistas, lush landscaped gardens, and a one-of-a-kind life-sized Alice and Wonderland chessboard.
- Laurita Winery: With a focus on sustainability and locally sourced resources, this New Egypt winery offers a romantic and rustic backdrop to your big day.
- Tomasello Winery: Founded over 80 years ago, this family-run winery exudes a rustic and romantic vibe perfect for couples looking to create vintage memories.
Next up in our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series: Castles! In New Jersey!