Is your dream wedding one where your toes touch the sand? Does your perfect wedding soundtrack include the sound of waves crashing in the ocean? Have you always dreamed about getting married in the mountains? Or is a fairytale castle wedding the stuff your dreams are made of? If you have always dreamed of having a destination wedding but flying off to far off lands just isn’t in the cards, New Jersey is here to make your wedding dreams a reality!
New Jersey may be small, but it is mighty! Despite its small size, New Jersey is a state that truly has it all: beaches, mountains, lakes, and even a few castles. In our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series, we’ll take a look at the types of destination weddings you can have right here in the Garden State and the best venues for each type of wedding. We’ll focus on a different destination each week; this week, we’re talking beaches.
Life’s a Beach
The famed Jersey Shore is so much more than fake tans and leopard print dresses; what was shown on MTV is but a small slice of a beautiful coastline that boasts gorgeous beaches and lovely wedding venues. From Asbury Park down to Cape May, NJ beaches can cater to whatever a couple wants: from quaint, historic houses to modern venues that tap into the Shore’s vibrant nightlife to tranquil landscapes that show off the region’s natural beauty.
Here are our top ten favorite New Jersey beach venues (in no particular order!):
- Tim McCloone’s Supper Club: With panoramic views of the ocean and the legendary Asbury Park boardwalk, this vintage supper club exudes beachside glamour.
- Ocean Place Resort & Spa: Located in Long Branch, this beach front property gives couples the opportunity to say their vows right in front of the ocean, providing the perfect backdrop of a memorable day.
- Mallard Island Yacht Club: This elegant waterfront club in Manahawkin is surrounded by the beautiful Barnegat Bay and features gardens, white picket fences, and lovely landscaping.
- Sandy Hook Chapel: For a bright, airy waterfront location, look no further than the historic Sandy Hook Chapel. Originally built in 1941, this chapel is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery that provides a rustic backdrop to your big day.
- Windows on the Water: Located in Sea Bright, this beach club offers unsurpassed views of the ocean AND the Shrewsbury River.
- Congress Hall: Cape May is a beautiful and historic town and this seaside resort is no different. As one of the oldest seaside resorts in the country, this slice of Americana is set against a beachfront backdrop – and if you’re lucky, you may even see a dolphin or two!
- Berkley Oceanfront Hotel: This European-style venue is nestled in the heart of Asbury Park, this trademark hotel has five different wedding spaces that can accommodate all styles and specifications.
- McLoone’s Pier House: Another Long Branch spot, this venue offers breathtaking views of the ocean and generous white-glove packages.
- Parker’s Garage: Long Beach Island (LBI, as the locals know it) is an ideal location for romantic beachfront weddings. Parker’s offers laid-back beach style with a unique open air venue.
- Bonnet Island Estate: Located on the water’s edge, this private island is an enormous estate that features Nantucket-style buildings that blend elegant sophistication with New England inspired charm.
Next up in our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series: lovely lakeside retreats!