The Garden State may be small, but it is mighty! Despite its small size, New Jersey is a state that truly has it all: beaches, mountains, lakes, and even luxurious castles & chateaus! All of this makes our state the perfect place to host a destination wedding: you get all the benefits of destination weddings, without any of the stress! In our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series, we’ll take a look at the types of destination weddings you can have right here in the Garden State and the best venues for each type of wedding.
The Royal We
If a fairy tale wedding is something you’ve always dreamed about, you don’t have to fly across the Atlantic to make your dreams come true! Look no further than New Jersey: home to beautiful chateaus, opulent castles, and extravagant estates! Check out these magical wedding venues:
- Pleasantdale Chateau: With its Medieval-style buildings, this chateau located in West Orange evokes fairy tale imagery, complete with woodlands, carefully manicured gardens, meandering paths, shimmering ponds and bubbling streams.
- The Ashford Estate: This stunning estate is surrounded by hundreds of acres of preserved farmland, sparkling fountains, waterfalls, a floating gazebo, stone ruins, garden arbors and sprawling views – and there’s even lion guarded iron gates!
- Park Chateau Estate & Gardens: Inspired by the palace at Versailles, this central Jersey chateau is filled with lush gardens, opulent chandeliers, an elaborately embellished recessed ceiling, and rows of arched windows.
- Crossed Keys Estate: This lovely 18th century home and 12-acre estate includes lush meadows, English gardens, weeping beech trees, and a historic farmhouse.
- The Legacy Castle: The grand Italian staircase coupled with gold finishing details throughout the castle make for a dramatic venue fit for royalty.
- Kip’s Castle: The castle is actually a 9,000 square foot mansion that replicates a medieval Norman-style castle, complete with vaulted ceilings and ornate fireplaces.
- The Park Savoy Estate: Timeless luxury abounds at this Florham Park estate known for its elegant 19th Century architecture and lavish gardens.
- The Skylands Manor: This stunning venue comes with an awe-inspiring Tudor Revival mansion, a lakeside private chapel, botanical gardens, and 1,000 acres of natural woodlands.
- Crystal Plaza: From its unique Juliet balcony to its crystal-chandelier-adorned ceiling and large, round wooden dance floor, thsi elegant and regal space is made for a fantasy wedding.
- Nanina’s in the Park: Transport yourself to a villa in Tuscany, complete with bubbling fountains, crystal chandeliers, and exquisite cherry blossom trees.
And if you haven’t already, check out the other parts of our series: beaches, lakes, and mountains!