If you have always dreamed of having a destination wedding but flying off to far off lands just isn’t in the cards, New Jersey is here to make your wedding dreams a reality! The garden state may be small, but it is mighty! Despite its small size, New Jersey is a state that truly has it all: beaches, mountains, lakes, and even a few castles. In our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series, we’ll take a look at the types of destination weddings you can have right here in the Garden State and the best venues for each type of wedding. We’ll focus on a different destination each week; this week, we’re talking lovely lakeside retreats!
Lake it to the Limit
While beaches offer sand and surf, some couples are looking for idyllic and calm lake and river-side venues that offer beautiful water views surrounded by lush natural surroundings. Perfect for spring, summer, and fall weddings, these waterfront venues are sure to be a hit with couples looking for romantic and tranquil spots to say I Do!
Here are our top ten favorite New Jersey venues with lake and river views:
- The Mill Lakeside Manor: Overlooking a serene lake, this Central Jersey location offers couples quaint elegance and dreamy natural beauty.
- Rock Island Lake Club: Get married at water’s edge, surrounded by 11-acres of land, lake, and nature. Talk about an intimate setting!
- Clark’s Landing: Say “I Do” beneath a pergola as sailboats drift in and out of a peaceful marina on the majestic Manasquan River.
- The Estate at Farrington Lake: Located on sprawling 22-acre grounds, this beautiful venue boasts a stunning view of Farrington Lake.
- High Point Golf Club: With immaculate landscaping and lush greens that are surrounded by crystal lakes, this scenic spot with views of Holiday Lake truly hits the mark.
- Riverhouse at Rumson Country Club: Exceptional views of the Shrewsbury River make this recently renovated venue a lovely backdrop for your big day
- The Mountain Lakes House: Nestled in the heart of a nature preserve, The Mountain Lakes House is home to a tranquil lake and secluded woods that make it the perfect canvas for a rustic wedding.
- Crystal Point Yacht Club: Sweeping views of the Manasquan River surround this Point Pleasant venue
- Lake Mohawk Country Club: Just 50 miles outside of New York City, this lakeside retreat offers a picturesque backdrop, irresistible sunsets, and rustic exteriors.
- Bay Head Yacht Club: This private club offers unparalleled views of Barnegat Bay in a spectacular setting.
Next up in our New Jersey Destination Wedding Series: mountains and vineyards! And be sure to check out Part 1 of our series, beaches.